Price includes all credit card transaction fees and taxes
Active Hiking, Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Adventure, Trekking, Camping
1500 – 3030 m/4921 – 9941f
Daily Departures 2 people minimum
(B) Brakfast / (L) Lunch / (D) Dinner
March - January
Day 1: Cusco - Cachora - Chiquisca (L), (D)
• Around 6:00a.m. your guide will pick you up from your hotel. A private transfer will take you to Cachora Town (2850m/9350f) in about 3 hours.
• On the way you will pass through Limatambo town. Once in Cachora, you will start the trek.
• After about three hours and a half you will arrive at the viewpoint of Huancacalle where lunch will be served.
• After lunch, you will continue with the second part of the hike until you reach your campsite named Chiquiscca.
• On the way you will stop at the viewpoints of Capuliyoc and Cocamasana from where you will have a great view of the Apuricam Canyon and the river of the same name.
• From Huancalle to Chiquiscca (1930m/6332f), you will hike for about two hours and a half.
Day 2: Chiquisca – Playa Rosalina – Marampata – Choquequirao (B), (L), (D)
• After breakfast the most difficult portion of the trek starts today.
• The cook’s assistant will awaken you about 5:00a.m., offering you hot tea. Breakfast will be served at about 5:30a.m. And after that you will start the hike going down for about one hour until you cross the bridge located in Playa Rosalina (1550m/5085f).
• From there we will continue heading for Marampata (2850m/9350f), where we will have a beautiful view of the archeological complex of Choquequirao (3033m/9951f).
• Our campsite is located about 25 minutes from the settlement.
Day 3: Choquequirao – San Ignacio – Carmen (B), (L), (D)
• At sunrise we will first visit the archeological site of Choquequirao. By now, only 30% of this “golden cradle” has been exposed.
• Thereafter we will descend to the Apurímac canyon’s deepest part called San Ignacio at 1500m/4921f and have lunch.
• After that we will ascend to our camping site in the beautiful gardens of Carmen (2000m/6562f).
Note: Due to the ecosystem’s constant changes, this day is considered to be the most beautiful one. Nevertheless, the route from Choquequirao to San Ignacio is at some parts very slippery. Therefore, we ask you to watch your steps carefully. Moreover
Day 4: Carmen – Manor of Tambo Bamba – Huanipaca (B), (L)
• The gardens of Carmen are situated close to the manor of Tambo Bamba (2500m/8202f), a region having been governed by landowners during the 19th and 20th century and considered to be one of the most fertile valleys to cultivate maize and a variety of potatoes.
• We will pass little villages such as Pacobamba and Huanipaca (3150m/10335f) and we will return to Cusco by bus.
• Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
Private transport from the hotel to Cachora.
Transport back from Huanipaca to Cusco.
Entrance fee to Choquequirao.
Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
High quality camping equipment (We use professional tents, Doite, Model Kailas 3, extra light/4.5kgs and Doite, Model Himalaya, extra light/4.5kgs, both are For 2 persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/Option vegetarian).
Cook and cooking equipment.
Horseman, porters and mules, for all camping equipment and customer’s personal luggage (Up to 8kg.).
First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
Sleeping bag (If you don’t have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of renting one).
Accomodation in Cusco
Sleeping Bag suitable for -5deg. (5.00 USD per day)
Deluxe Sleeping Bag suitable for -10deg. (7.00 USD per day)
Walking stick lightweight aluminum (1.00 USDper day)
Inflatable mattress (Thermarest) (5.00 USD per day)
Two sticks are recommended for tough hikes.
Extra Porter for your backpack and Stuffs, only 13 Kg (100.00 USD) for the whole trek included the wages food and Inca Trail Entry.
Type of Service
Private Service - 1 Traveler
Private Service - 2 Travelers
Private Service - 3 Travelers
Group Service (At least 2 Travelers are required to book this trek)
If you are interested in the Group Service for 4 days/ 3 nights please feel free to contact us and to ask for more information.
Advice Peru Travel Agency & Tour Operator
Address: Constructores Villa La Capullana A 9
San Jeronimo, Postal Code: 08000, Cusco - Perú
Phone: +51 84-274206
Mobile: +51 984-796-722