- UNESCO World Heritage: Jesuit Missions, Cities of Sucre & Potosí, Ruins of Tiwanaku
- Candelaria Town – living culture near Sucre!
- Uyuni Salt Falts: over 12.000 km2 pure salt! Largest Salt Flats in the World!
- La Paz – will take your breath away!
- Titicaca Lake – Highest navigable Lake in the World!
- Duration: 13 days
- Arrival: Daily
- Departure: Daily
- Destinations: Santa Cruz, Candelaria, Potosi, Uyuni, Tiahuanacu, La Paz.
|Day 1||Arrival in Santa Cruz||—||Santa Cruz|
|Day 2||Santa Cruz / Concepcion||(B) (L) (D)||Concepcion|
|Day 3||Santa Cruz||(B) (L)||Santa Cruz|
|Day 4||Santa Cruz – Sucre – City||(B) (L)||Sucre|
|Day 5||Candelaria||(B) (L)||Sucre|
|Day 6||Sucre – Potosi – City Tour||(B) (L)||Potosi|
|Day 7||Mine in Cerro Rico – Uyuni||(B) (L)||Uyuni|
|Day 8||Uyuni Salt flats – Incahuasi Island – Colchani||(L) (D)||Uyuni|
|Day 9||Flight from Uyuni to La Paz – Tiwanaku Ruins||(B) (L)||La Paz|
|Day 10||La Paz City Tour||(B) (D)||La Paz|
|Day 11||La Paz – Copacabana – Boat to Island of the Sun – Hike to Ecolodge La Estancia||(B) (L) (D)||La Estancia|
|Day 12||La Chincana – Island of the Moon – Copacabana – La Paz||(B) (L)||La Paz|
|Say 13||Flight from La Paz to your next destination||(B)||——-|
Day 1: Santa Cruz Transfer In – pm. City Tour (half day)
Private transfer from Viru Viru International airport to hotel. Afternoon 3 hours tour to the most attractive and affluent sites of our city: visit to the zoo where regional fauna and various endangered species can be seen. Museums, principal monuments, residential neighborhoods, and La Recoba handcraft market.
Day 2: Santa Cruz – San Javier – Concepcion
Trip crossing the prairie of the Chiquitania, passing Rio Grande and San Ramón to the Jesuit Mission of San Javier, a nice colonial town with its impressive church, declared a cultural heritage site by UNESCO. Then through open savannas and forest to the town of Concepcion, the largest centre of the Missions, with an amazing Jesuit church.
Day 3: Concepcion – Santa Cruz
Morning to enjoy the beauty of this town and then visit the largest repair shop for all the restoration done in these Jesuit Missions and its local museum. Return to Santa Cruz.
Day 4: Santa Cruz – Sucre – City Tour (Half day)
Flight to Sucre with both transfers. PM City Tour SucreThis tour includes the visit of: Casa de la Libertad, where the Act of Independence of Bolivia was signed in 1825; Bolivar Park, to see examples of the aristocratic tradition of Sucre, with small replicas of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc of Triumph of Paris; the church and museum of La Recoleta, and the museum of Indian Textiles ASUR.
Day 05: Candelaria (Full day)
Departure early in the morning southeast from Sucre towards the indigenous community of La Candelaria, passing through Tarabuco. On Sundays we will participate and see the famous indio-market of Tarabuco. Other days just a short stop and continue to the town of La Candelaria. Arrival and visit of the Hacienda and the houses of local ladies where we will be able to see how they work on their famous “Tarabuco textiles”. Enjoy a traditional lunch. Return to Sucre.
Day 06: Sucre – Potosi – City Tour (Half day)
Trip by regular bus (5 hours) following different valleys to ascend through the highlands to the city of Potosi, declared a Cultural and Natural Heritage site by the UNESCO. Afternoon visit of the Mint House, traditional colonial streets, San Francisco and San Lorenzo churches.
Day 07: Mine in Cerro Rico (Half day) – Uyuni (private)
Visit a mine to see the remains of the big silver production done in colonial times in the famous Silver Mountain. Afternoon private trip to Uyuni, crossing branches of the Andes range, old mining centres and villages, with nice landscapes and Indian communities.
Day 08: Uyuni Saltflats – Incahuasi Island – Colchani
Trip to Colchani, to see locals producing salt, trip crossing this natural wonder of salt to visit the pre-Columbian Pucara de Ayque fort and the nearby chullpares on the foothills of Thunupa volcano, continue trip to “Isla Incahuasi”, a special habitat of giant cactus and volcanic rocks. Trip back to Colchani. Overnight in Salt hotel.
Day 09: Flight from Uyuni to La Paz – Tiwanaku Ruins (half day) – Cable Car
Morning flight from Uyuni to La Paz with both transfers. Trip to Tiwanaku (72 km -) passing the highlands, one of the oldest American cultures, considered the cradle of the American man. Visit the temple of Kalasasaya, Gate of the Sun, monoliths Ponce and Fraile, Akapana pyramid and Semiunderground temple, as well as the local museums. Return to La Paz and ride down from El Alto to the downtown by cable car!
Day 10: La Paz City Tour (Half day) – Folkloric Dinner Show
A 4 hours tour of La Paz, including the area of the street markets, rich in handicrafts, weavings and witchcraft artifacts. The tour goes through the colonial part of the city, San Francisco Church, Gold Museum, Murillo Square and the outdoor replica of the Tiwanaku temple. Then to the modern part of town, dropping down a lot in elevation to finally visit the Valley of the Moon, enjoy all of its natural geological formations. PM free. Optional tours available. Evening Peña Folk show and dinner. The hand-woven clothing, the traditional dance steps and the handmade instruments like the zampoñas (bamboo flutes) and charangos (small guitars made of wood or armadillo skin). All present the Andean and Tropical cultures of Bolivia in an unforgettable evening of entertainment.
Day 11: La Paz – Copacabana – Boat to Island of the Sun – Hike to Ecolodge La Estancia
Transportation going north through the highlands and parallel to the Andes Royal Range to Copacabana (3 ½ hours), a nice town in the shores of Lake Titicaca. Visit the famous Virgen Morena and its church, have a stroll of town. Take the boat to the Island of the Sun (1 hour), land in Huacani port and enjoy a typical lunch “Aptapi”. Back with the boat to Pilkokaina ruins, visit the ruins and hike for about one hour to overnight in Ecolodge La Estancia.
Day 12: La Chincana – Island of the Moon – Copacabana – La Paz
DON’T MISS A GREAT SUNRISE! Boat to La Chincana (1 hour), to see this great Inca ruins, continue by boat (1 hour) to the Moon Island, visit the Iñak Uyu ruins, boat to Copacabana (1 ½ hour). Transportation to La Paz (3 ½ hours).
Day 13: Transfer Out
Transfer to El Alto Airport.
- Services and meals included as mentioned in the program.
- English speaking guides.
- Include all the entrances fee and contributions.
- Private services.
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program.
- Anything not listed in the program.
WEEKLY FIXED DEPARTURES 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- Except Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- Minimum number of pax required for this trip is 2 pax.
- All prices are subject to change without pervious notice at any time.
- Rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
SERVICES FROM SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA
- Private Transfer from the hotel to Calama’s Airport (without guide) USD 100.- Net Price per person in 2 pax basis.
- Regular Bus from San Pedro de Atacama to Salta USD 140.-Net Price per pax. The bus company without prior notice might modify this price.
Remarks for Andean Circle program:
- Other hotels categories at request.
- We will confirm mentioned hotels or similar ones.
- English speaking local guides from day 1 to day 10. (Except services mentioned as unescorted on the program). TC throughout the route at request.
- Private services, excepting where shared ones are mentioned.
- Regular bus tickets and train tickets; San Bernardo Hill Chair lift ticket are included
- Rainy season: (November to April) Roads might be in bad shape. Uyuni Salt flats are flooded. Access to Pucara de Ayque or Incahuasi might be difficult or impossible. Program might have to change due to these reasons.
- As roads in Uyuni Region are not paved, we will use 4×4 cars, each one with a maximum of 4 passengers. To avoid high costs, guide and / or TC will go in the back part of the cars if it will be necessary.
- Early-check in or late check-out are not included