HUCHUY QOSQO TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
3 Days / 2 Nights
PRICES / HOTELS
Price includes all credit card transaction fees and taxes
Active Hiking, Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Adventure, Trekking, Camping
2050 - 4050 m. / 6725 - 13287 f.
Daily Departures 2 people minimum
(B) Brakfast / (L) Lunch / (D) Dinner
Day 1: Cusco - Tambomachay – Pucamarca (L), (D)
• Around 6:15a.m. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel. A private transfer will take you to the ruins of Tambomachay where the trek starts.
• Your guide will explain you the importance of the ruins of Tambomachay which are located at 12,070 feet above sea level. Here a snack will be provided by your tour guide and you will give your personal belongings to our porters.
• After 2 hours and a half of hike going up you will reach the first pass located at 13,180 feet above sea level. After a short break, you will keep hiking for about another 2 hours and a half.
• On the way you will observe from far Lake Piuray and another two small lakes. Lunch will be served at this point.
• After lunch you will reach the highest pass of the trek at 13,840 feet above sea level in about 30 minutes.
• From this point to the small Andean town of Pucamarca (you will need about 45 minutes. Llamas and Alpacas can be observed on this portion of the trek. Dinner will be served at this town.
Day 2: Pucamarca – Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay (B), (L), (D)
• The cook’s assistant will awaken you about 6:00a.m., offering you hot tea.
• Breakfast will be served at about 6:30a.m. And after that you will start you hike towards Huchuy Qosqo.
• The first part of the hike will take through a small canyon walking over an original Inca road.
• After an hour and a half you will arrive to the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo or Little Cusco.
• At the ruins your guide will take you to the main rooms and temple. Your guide will also explain you about the importance of this complex during the Empire of the Incas.
• Huchuy Qosqo is located at 11,860 feet above sea level. At the ruins you will have a beautiful view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the Vilcanota River, and the towns of Calca and Lamay.
• After the tour, a constant descent will take you to Lamay Town in about 3 hours. Once in Lamay at 9,900 feet above sea level you will enjoy lunch.
• After lunch you will be taken to Ollantaytambo town from where you will be taken the backpacker train to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town.
• Once in Aguas Calientes you will be accommodated at the hotel of your choice (included in the package). At about 7:00p.m. Your guide will pick you up from there in order for you to enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
• Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
• Today you will tour Machu Picchu (7875 feet above sea level), either hiking there beginning at 4:30a.m. Or taking a bus at about 6:30a.m.
• Your guided tour of Machu Picchu will last about two hours.
• After that you will have time to hike the Huayna Picchu Mountain or just wander around.
• In the afternoon, one or two hours before your train departure, you should take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, where you will take the train to Ollantaytambo.
• Upon arrival, you will be driven to your hotel in Cusco.
Weight allowance: Our porters will carry up to 15 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.
Brief presentation of the trek at our office in Cusco located one block from the main square
1 night sleeping at 4 seasons tents designed for four people (We also accommodate two people.)
1 night in Aguas Calientes at the hostel or hotel of your choice
Bilingual and professional tour guides
Transportation from Cusco to Tambomachay, where the treks begins
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Trained local cooks and cooking equipment
Personal pad (double foam)
Dining and cooking tents, including portable chairs and table
Transportation from Lamay Town to Ollantaytambo Town
Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
Entrance ticket to Huchuy Qosqo
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
Two-hour guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu
Bus ticket up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo
Transportation from the train station to your hotel in Cusco
Vegetarian food available upon request for no extra charge
Emergency oxygen bottle
First aid equipment
Pick up in Cusco City
International and domestic airfare to and from Peru
Tips and gratuities
Travel insurance (Highly recommended)
Breakfasts are included at all hotels. All other meals are not included unless specified in the itinerary
Personal trekking gear
Destination / Accommodation
Casa Andina Classic
Single Accommodation Price
Double Accommodation Price
Advice Peru Travel Agency & Tour Operator
Address: Constructores Villa La Capullana A 9
San Jeronimo, Postal Code: 08000, Cusco - Perú
Phone: +51 84-274206
Mobile: +51 984-796-722