4 Days / 3 Nights
PRICES / HOTELS
Price includes all credit card transaction fees and taxes
Active Hiking, Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Adventure, Trekking, Camping
2850 – 4400 m/9350 – 14436f
Daily Departures 2 people minimum
(B) Brakfast / (L) Lunch / (D) Dinner
Day 1: Cusco – Huaca Casi pass – Lares Hot Springs – Huacawasi (L) (D)
• Around 6:15a.m. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel. A private transfer will take you to Lares Town where you will have time to relax at the medicinal hot springs of the town.
• An early lunch will be served here. Lares is a typical Andean valley located at about
• After lunch you will start your hike towards the andean community of Huacahuasi where you will enjoy dinner and camp. Huacarhuasi (3600m/11811f).
• Huacawasi (3600m/11811f). During 3 hours you will walk gradually uphill so that you get a good training for the next day when we will reach the highest point of the trek. The first night we will spend the night at the house of our horsemen who are joining us on the trip.
• At arrival your tents will be ready and you will receive popcorn, sweets and some hot thee before having dinner.
Day 2: Huacawasi – Sondor – Paso Sacsayllame – Aruray Cocha – Yurak Cocha – Miski Unu (B) (L) (D)
• We will start hiking towards the highest point, the pass of Sacsayllame at (4400m or 14435 feet).
• The hike will take about 4 hours and will be very steep uphill. Of course an emergency horse will accompany us so that everyone will certainly be able to reach the top.
• During this trek you will be able to enjoy enormous mountains, a patchwork of agricultural lands and breathtaking views.
• Be aware that we will reach great heights and the weather can be very cold.
• After reaching the highest point we will descend and pass a beautiful lagoon before having lunch next to the river.
• You will be able to recuperate while our cooks prepare a delicious lunch for you.
• Next we will descend further through a forest where you will be able to enjoy the “Queuñas” (Polylepis), a typical three from Peru.
• This walk will take about 1 hour before reaching our campsite at Miski Unu (3550m/11646f).
• A wonderful place in the middle of nowhere where you will receive hot thee and some snacks upon arrival before having dinner.
Day 3: Miski Unu – Queshuarchalloc - Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (B) (L)
• Today will be another spectacular day when walking downhill through different forests.
• You will be able to enjoy the rich biodiversity and change of fauna and flora during this 3 hour walk that will end in the Sacred Valley of the Inca’s.
• Watch out, when walking in the forest there are lots of mosquitos. We will enjoy our last lunch in Queshuarchalloc where we will say goodbye to the Horsemen and cooks.
• After lunch we will take a local bus to get to Ollantaytambo.
• We will visit the beautiful town of Ollantaytambo before having dinner at a local restaurant. At 7pm we will take the train to reach our final destination of the day, the town of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel.
• Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B) (L)
• We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30 am and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 6:00 am.
• After a guided tour around the archaeological site, including information about life and culture of the Incas, you will have enough time to enjoy Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (2750m/9022f) on your own.
• We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 2:55 pm or at 6:35 pm. Until then, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants. Moreover, you can visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes to relax a bit.
Brief presentation of the trek
2 nights sleeping at 4 season tents designed for four people (We also accommodate two people.)
1 night in Aguas Calientes at the hotel of your choice
Bilingual and professional tour guides
Transportation from Cusco to Lares Town, where the treks begins (Private transportation)
Entrance fee to the Lares hot springs
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Trained local cooks and cooking equipment
Personal pad (double foam)
High quality camping equipment (professional tents Doite, Cima 4, extra light/4.5kgs for 2 persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
Two-hour guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu
Bus ticket up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo departing between 15:00 - 17:30 hours
Private transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco
Vegetarian food available upon request for no extra charge
Emergency oxygen bottle
Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes
Sleeping bag (if you don`t have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of renting one)
Bus going downhill from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for 10 U.S. dollars or you could have the option to walk down which takes about 1 hour.
Travel Insurance(Highly recommended)
Destination / Acomodation
Single Accommodation Price
Double Accommodation Price
Advice Peru Travel Agency & Tour Operator
Address: Constructores Villa La Capullana A 9
San Jeronimo, Postal Code: 08000, Cusco - Perú
Phone: +51 84-274206
Mobile: +51 984-796-722