LARES TREK CUSCO PACKAGE
8 Days / 7 Nights
PRICES / HOTELS
Price includes all credit card transaction fees and taxes
Archaeological, Cultural, Camping, Ecological, Hiking
Meals Provided (Noted at the beginning of each day)
Day 1: Arrival to Cusco
• Upon your arrival in Cusco.
• We will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel located in downtown Cusco.
• You will have the remainder of the day to relax or walk around downtown. At 6:30p.m., there will be a briefing about the Inca Trail in your Hotel reception.
• Overnight in Cusco.
Day 2: City tour Cusco (B)
• Free morning
• At 2:00p.m., you will start a guided city tour.
• This tour will include a visit to the Cathedral, the Temple of Qoricancha, and the Inca ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
• This tour will let you learn about the Inca culture as well as some aspects of the conquest of the Inca’s Empire and the colony. At about 6:00p.m., you will be back at your hotel.
• Overnight in Cusco
Day 3: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Ollantaytambo (B) (L)
• At about 8:30a.m., we will pick you up from your hotel in order to start a guided tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
• This tour will let you observe an amazing view of the Urubamba River and the valley as well as a visit to the ruins of Pisac and the marketplace of the same name.
• After lunch, we will take you to the Andean town of Ollantaytambo where you will have a guided tour of the incredible Inca ruins of the town.
• Overnight in Ollantaytambo
Day 4: Cusco – Lares Town - Huacawasi (About 4 hours of hike) (B) (L) (D)
• Around 6:15a.m. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel.
• A private transfer will take you to Lares Town where you will have time to relax at the medicinal hot springs of the town.
• An early lunch will be served here. Lares is a typical andean valley located at about 10,170 feet above sea level.
• After lunch you will start your hike towards the andean community of Huacahuasi where you will enjoy dinner and camp. Huacarhuasi is located at about 11,800 feet above sea level.
Day 5: Huacawasi – Lake Ipsaycocha (B) (L) (D)
• The cook’s assistant will awaken you about 6:00a.m., offering you hot tea.
• Breakfast will be served at about 6:30a.m. And after that a constant hike of about four hours will take you to the highest pass of the trek at about 14,650 feet above sea level. On the way, you will observe small andean communities, llamas and alpacas, small lakes, and views of beautiful nevados and the Mount Veronica which is 18,864 feet (5750 msnm).
• At the pass you will have time to relax and enjoy an amazing view of the beginning of the Lares and Urubamba valleys.
• Next, you will descent for about an hour until you arrive to Lake Ipsaycocha where you will enjoy lunch, dinner and you will spend the night at your tent. Andean Geese are usually seen here. You might start a conversation with a local Andean pastor. If you like astrology, this is a great place to observe the sky fullfil with stars.
Day 6: Lake Ipsaycocha – Patacancha – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (B) (L) (D)
• Once again your cook’s assistant will wake you up around 7:00a.m. With a cup of hot tea.
• After breakfast at about 7:30a.m., you will start your hike towards Patacancha. This trek will take about 2 hours.
• Once in Patacancha our private transportation will be waiting for you to take you to Ollantaytambo. Once in Ollantaytambo you will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. If time allows, you will be able to visit to impressive ruins of the town (entrance fee is not included).
• Next, you will take the train to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town.
• Once in Aguas Calientes you will be accommodated at the hotel of your choice (included in the package). At about 7:00p.m., your guide will pick you up from there in order for you to enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
• Overnight in Aguas Calientes
Day 7: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes - Cusco (B)
• Today you will tour Machu Picchu (7875 feet above sea level), either hiking there beginning at 4:30a.m. Or taking a bus at about 6:30a.m.
• Your guided tour of Machu Picchu will last about two hours. After that you will have time to hike the Huayna Picchu Mountain or just wander around.
• In the afternoon, one or two hours before your train departure, you should take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, where you will take the train to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival, you will be driven to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 8: Cusco (B)
• We will pick you up from your hotel and we will drive you to the airport of Cusco.
• Flight Back Home
Weight allowance: Our porters will carry up to 15 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings
Brief presentation of the Inca Trail at your Hotel or our office
All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
Accommodation in double rooms
3 Nights in Cusco
1 Night in Ollantaytambo
1 Night in Aguas Calientes
Cusco City Tour (Includes a visit to Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, PukaPukara and Tambomachay) - Group Service
Guided visit to the Sacred Valley - Group Service
Lares trekl 4 days Group service package
2 nights camping
Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
Varied snacks on days 1, 2, and 3
Private transportation to head of trail
English/Spanish-speaking professional guide during the Lares Trek
Personal pad (double foam)
Four season tents - 2 people per tent
Cook and cooking equipment
Entrance ticket to Lares Hot Spring
Entrance to Machu Picchu
Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail
Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Bus Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo departing between 15:20 - 18:45 hours
Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to Hotel in Cusco
Vegetarian food available on request with no extra charge
First Aid equipment
Entrance ticket to all attractions stated in the Itinerary
Lunch Buffet in the Sacred Valley tour
International and domestic airfare to and from Peru
Tips and gratuities
Travel insurance (Highly recommended)
Breakfasts are included at all hotels. All other meals are not included unless specified in the itinerary
Personal trekking gear
Sleeping Bag suitable for -5deg. ($5.00 per day)
Deluxe Sleeping Bag suitable for -10deg. ($7.00 per day)
Walking stick lightweight aluminum ($1.00 per day)
Inflatable mattress (eg. Thermarest) ($5.00 per day)
Two sticks are recommended for tough hikes.
Mule - $25.00 per day for carry your backpack 5-10kg of their things
Destination / Accommodation
Eco Inn - San Agustin
Casa Andina Clasic – Aranwa hotel
Monasterio – Casa Andina Private Collection – Novo Hotel
La Casa del Abuelo
Single Accommodation Price
Double Accommodation Price
Advice Peru Travel Agency & Tour Operator
Address: Constructores Villa La Capullana A 9
San Jeronimo, Postal Code: 08000, Cusco - Perú
Phone: +51 84-274206
Mobile: +51 984-796-722